2022-23 ECHL Power Rankings
Idaho Steelheads Hold Off Red-Hot Toledo Walleye
Idaho remains on top of the league standings by a healthy margin and is nearly as hot lately as Toledo, and the race in the Western Conference should be a fun one to watch unfold over the last six weeks of the regular season.
The Toledo Walleye have gone 15 straight games without a loss in regulation…and it still isn’t enough to unseat the Idaho Steelheads from the top spot in this week’s very unofficial FloHockey ECHL Power Rankings.
Idaho remains on top of the league standings by a healthy margin and is nearly as hot lately as Toledo has been.
The race in the Western Conference should be a fun one to watch unfold over the last six weeks of the regular season.
1) Idaho Steelheads (43-9-1-2) (Last Week: 1)
Idaho has a whopping 30-point lead in the Mountain Division and could a clinch a playoff spot within the next week or so.
They kept their momentum going with four points this past week in a three-game road series against the Kansas City Mavericks, albeit with suffering a surprising 2-1 loss Saturday.
2) Toledo Walleye (36-15-4-2) (Last Week: 2)
This team just won’t lose. No regulation defeats since Jan. 29. No loss of any kind since Feb. 4. The last of each came at the hands of the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Toledo swept its three-game slate this week, finishing it off with a 1-0 win at home over the Wheeling Nailers.
3) Cincinnati Cyclones (34-12-6-3) (Last Week: 4)
Just one point behind the Walleye in the Central, Cincy also is on fire, having gone 11 straight games without losing in regulation.
That does include an overtime loss to Indy on Saturday after wins against Iowa and Tulsa to start the week.
4) Newfoundland Growlers (38-16-1-0) (Last Week: 3)
The Growlers fall a spot after a difficult week, losing to both Maine and Worcester on the road, before salvaging the stretch with a 5-2 win over the Railers on Saturday.
5) Jacksonville Icemen (35-17-2-0) (Last Week: 5)
Jacksonville remains in fifth this week, having a split a two-game home series against Adirondack on Friday and Saturday.
6) Indy Fuel (35-19-2-0) (Last Week: 7)
All three Fuel games this week were decided by one goal, and Indy came out on top in all three, defeating Kalamazoo, Wheeling and Cincinnati to move up one spot in the rankings.
7) Greenville Swamp Rabbits (31-16-7-0) (Last Week: 8)
The Norfolk Admirals have served as a cure for what ails many teams this season, and Greenville was no exception. Two games in Virginia? Two wins, including 11 goals over that stretch.
8) Florida Everblades (30-16-4-4) (Last Week: 6)
On the flip side of that is Florida, which went down in all three games it played over the weekend, including a rather surprising series of losses to Savannah on back-to-back nights.
9) South Carolina Stingrays (32-17-4-1) (Last Week: 9)
The good news? South Carolina scored 18 goals in three games this past week. The bad news? That includes a loss in which they got blown out, 7-2, by the Orlando Solar Bears in Sunday’s finale.
10) Maine Mariners (31-18-2-1) (Last Week: 11)
Maine squeaks back into the top 10 this week after capturing wins in both of their most recent contests, including a 1-0 win over Worcester on Sunday. In the victory, Francois Brassard posted a 27-save clean sheet.
The Rest Of The ECHL
11) Orlando Solar Bears (28-23-6-1) (Last Week: 10)
12) Reading Royals (31-19-3-0) (Last Week: 12)
13) Fort Wayne Komets (27-21-4-2) (Last Week: 16)
14) Atlanta Gladiators (28-23-5-1) (Last Week: 13)
15) Utah Grizzlies (25-26-3-0) (Last Week: 21)
16) Allen Americans (28-25-1-0) (Last Week: 15)
17) Kansas City Mavericks (26-22-6-1) (Last Week: 17)
18) Worcester Railers (28-26-3-0) (Last Week: 14)
19) Savannah Ghost Pirates (20-27-9-1) (Last Week: 23)
20) Adirondack Thunder (21-24-7-1) (Last Week: 19)
21) Wheeling Nailers (23-27-5-0) (Last Week: 20)
22) Kalamazoo Wings (23-28-4-0) (Last Week: 25)
23) Wichita Thunder (26-25-5-0) (Last Week: 18)
24) Trois-Rivieres Lions (21-32-2-0) (Last Week: 26)
25) Tulsa Oilers (19-27-7-1) (Last Week: 24)
26) Rapid City Rush (24-29-1-0) (Last Week: 22)
27) Iowa Heartlanders (13-29-12-1) (Last Week: 27)
28) Norfolk Admirals (13-39-1-3) (Last Week: 28)