2022-23 ECHL Power Rankings
Rankings Shuffle, But Idaho Steelheads Remain On Top
After a brief hiatus, the very unofficial FloHockey ECHL power rankings have returned.
How much has changed?
The Idaho Steelheads remain on top, but there has been plenty of movement for the rest of the teams over the last two weeks.
1) Idaho Steelheads (27-4-0-1) (Last Week: N/A)
Wichita handed the Steelheads a rare loss – their first since Dec. 3 – in a 4-1 defeat last Friday, but it largely has been smooth sailing for Idaho, which still took 2-of-3 against the Thunder.
2) Newfoundland Growlers (22-9-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
Newfoundland got the best of Trois-Rivieres in the all-Canada matchup over the weekend, scoring 16 goals across three games, winning two of the three contests.
3) Indy Fuel (22-9-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
Indy had won five straight, before losing to Iowa on Saturday night, cruising all the way to a tie for second in the league standings with Newfoundland, as well as the Central Division lead.
4) South Carolina Stingrays (19-5-3-1) (Last Week: N/A)
Outside of Idaho, few teams in the league have been hotter than the Stingrays, who have recorded at least one point in each of their last nine games. That includes a shutout win over Atlanta on Friday, followed by a 4-1 triumph in Savannah the next night.
5) Wichita Thunder (20-11-3-0) (Last Week: N/A)
Wichita had a busy week, collecting five out of a possible eight points over a four-game stretch, including a 3-2 shootout win in Tulsa on Sunday.
6) Atlanta Gladiators (21-10-2-0) (Last Week: N/A)
After getting shut out on Friday, Atlanta rebounded to finish their week strong with a blank sheet of their own, posting a 3-0 win over Savannah on Sunday.
7) Florida Everblades (19-7-3-1) (Last Week: N/A)
Florida also finished last week strong, winning its last two games, including a dominant 4-1 showing at home against the Orlando Solar Bears.
8) Reading Royals (20-9-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
The Royals swept the weekend, beating Norfolk and Worcester on the road, before finishing the slate with a home win over the Railers.
9) Maine Mariners (17-11-1-1) (Last Week: N/A)
Another one of the league’s hottest teams?
Maine has strung together six straight games without a regulation loss and wins in eight of its last 10 games, including victories over Trois-Rivieres and Adirondack this past week.
10) Worcester Railers (19-13-2-0) (Last Week: N/A)
It has been something of a freefall for Worcester since a big showdown against the Steelheads in early December.
The Railers have dropped seven of their last eight games, allowing five or more goals in four of those games.
The Rest Of The ECHL:
11) Cincinnati Cyclones (18-6-3-2) (Last Week: N/A)
12) Jacksonville Icemen (19-11-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
13) Fort Wayne Komets (13-11-3-2) (Last Week: N/A)
14) Greenville Swamp Rabbits (17-9-7-0) (Last Week: N/A)
15) Toledo Walleye (14-13-4-1) (Last Week: N/A)
16) Wheeling Nailers (16-15-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
17) Rapid City Rush (17-17-0-0) (Last Week: N/A)
18) Kansas City Mavericks (14-12-4-0) (Last Week: N/A)
19) Adirondack Thunder (10-15-5-1) (Last Week: N/A)
20) Orlando Solar Bears (12-16-4-1) (Last Week: N/A)
21) Allen Americans (11-19-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
22) Trois-Rivieres Lions (14-17-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
23) Kalamazoo Wings (13-14-3-0) (Last Week: N/A)
24) Tulsa Oilers (10-12-6-1) (Last Week: N/A)
25) Utah Grizzlies (12-18-1-0) (Last Week: N/A)
26) Savannah Ghost Pirates (10-18-5-0) (Last Week: N/A)
27) Iowa Heartlanders (7-15-7-1) (Last Week: N/A)
28) Norfolk Admirals (6-24-1-2) (Last Week: N/A)