2022-23 ECHL Power Rankings
Newfoundland Growlers Remain At Top Of Power Rankings
It’s a streaky league these days, and FloHockey’s very unofficial ECHL power rankings this week will be reflective of that movement, with 13 different teams riding stretches without losing in regulation of two or more games after the weekend’s contests were completed.
1) Newfoundland Growlers (12-1-1-0) (Last Week: 1)
The Growlers remain in the top spot this week, despite finally suffering their first regulation loss all season, a 2-0 setback against Maine on Saturday night.
Their +31 goal differential is best in the league, as is their .893 points percentage.
2) Worcester Railers (12-2-0-0) (Last Week: 3)
Worcester appears to be right back on track after an early-week loss to red-hot Reading.
The Railers potted 10 goals in their back-to-back games against Greenville, sweeping the weekend.
3) Cincinnati Cyclones (8-1-0-1) (Last Week: 2)
The last team to suffer a regulation loss in the league this season – a 5-4 home loss to Allen on Wednesday – the ‘Clones also got back on track two days later, beating the very same Americans team, 4-1.
4) Idaho Steelheads (10-2-0-1) (Last Week: 4)
A trip to Utah came at the perfect time for the Steelheads. They outscored the Grizzlies over their three-game trip, 13-3, going 3-0 in the process.
5) Wichita Thunder (7-2-2-0) (Last Week: 5)
Wichita has gone five games without a regulation loss, snapping a four-game outright winning streak with a 5-4 overtime loss to Kansas City on Sunday.
6) South Carolina Stingrays (8-3-1-0) (Last Week: 9)
After a shutout loss to Orlando on Tuesday to open the week, the ‘Rays recovered nicely, capturing five out of a possible six points to close out the slate, including back-to-back wins over the Solar Bears.
7) Indy Fuel (8-3-1-0) (Last Week: 8)
Indy is off to a strong start this year and kept that up this past week, beating Toledo and Wheeling to earn a share of the lead in the Central Division.
8) Reading Royals (7-4-1-0) (Last Week: 10)
Hottest team in the league? Reading, which has rattled off six straight victories and hasn’t lost since Nov. 4.
After knocking off the Railers earlier in the week, they kept that stretch going with two consecutive wins against Adirondack.
9) Florida Everblades (8-3-1-0) (Last Week: 6)
Florida hosted the Atlanta Gladiators for a three-game series over the weekend and won two of those contests, with each of them only decided by one goal.
10) Trois-Rivieres Lions (6-6-1-0) (Last Week: 25)
With a four-game winning streak, the Lions take a massive jump up the rankings, all the way into the top 10.
They beat up on the hapless Norfolk Admirals this past week, outscoring them 17-7 en route to a three-game series sweep.
The Rest Of The ECHL:
11) Kansas City Mavericks (7-3-1-0) (Last Week: 7)
12) Savannah Ghost Pirates (6-2-3-0) (Last Week: 13)
13) Jacksonville Icemen (7-5-0-0) (Last Week: 14)
14) Fort Wayne Komets (4-4-1-2) (Last Week: 17)
15) Rapid City Rush (6-7-0-0) (Last Week: 18)
16) Atlanta Gladiators (6-4-1-0) (Last Week: 12)
17) Greenville Swamp Rabbits (5-5-3-0) (Last Week: 15)
18) Allen Americans (5-5-1-0) (Last Week: 24)
19) Maine Mariners (5-7-1-0) (Last Week: 22)
20) Wheeling Nailers (5-7-0-0) (Last Week: 19)
21) Utah Grizzlies (6-7-0-0) (Last Week: 11)
22) Toledo Walleye (4-5-0-1) (Last Week: 16)
23) Kalamazoo Wings (4-5-1-0) (Last Week: 20)
24) Orlando Solar Bears (4-7-1-1) (Last Week: 21)
25) Tulsa Oilers (3-5-3-0) (Last Week: 26)
26) Adirondack Thunder (2-6-2-1) (Last Week: 23)
27) Iowa Heartlanders (1-7-1-1) (Last Week: 27)
28) Norfolk Admirals (1-14-0-0) (Last Week: 28)